Catalyst is Bullish on FinTech
Catalyst has a long-standing history investing in businesses at the intersection of SaaS and financial services & technology, with most recent examples including MINDBODY (payments & business management SaaS for health & wellness businesses), Clinicient (revenue cycle management collections, EMR, and practice management SaaS for physical & occupational therapists), and Fusion Risk Management (business continuity SaaS sold to financial institutions and other F1000 enterprises).
Lately, Catalyst has spent more time researching the FinTech sector and is publishing two reports to broadcast the team’s findings:
- FinTech Market Overview – a primer that segments the FinTech ecosystem based on end-market and business model (e.g., enablers vs. replacers)
- Enterprise Financial Management: Solutions for the Office of the CFO – a deeper look into software and tech-enabled services enabling businesses and their finance function to work more efficiently
We’re currently exploring a number of investment themes including:
- Democratization of software and tech-enabled services to SMB financial services businesses and departments
- Unbundling of the ERP & accounting suite
- Migration of legacy on-premise systems to the cloud
- Deepened focus on security and privacy for digital identities
- Application of machine learning technology throughout the financial services industry, including for personalization and credit modeling
Catalyst makes investments of $10 million to $40 million in high-growth, B2B software & tech-enabled services businesses. If you are an entrepreneur or operator of such a business, please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.